Supply List for Mixed Media Art Journal Workshop
Many of these are household items, and I've listed links for the supplies that you can find at an art store. If you live in Austin & don't have enough time to receive an online order before Saturday, you can find these at the Jerry's Artarama store near I35 & 290. They even offer curbside pickup, if you want to call in your order ahead of time.
- Scissors, hair dryer, assortment of magazines, mechanical pencil, old credit card or hotel key, water jar, a couple sheets of printer paper, paper towels, ruler.
Art Store Items
- Regular Gel- matte 8 oz (I use the Golden brand, but you can use Liquitex or another brand of your choosing. )
- Black stabilo marks all pencil
- Paint brushes (I'm including a link for a set, but if you have 2-3 wide flat brushes and some round ones, you'll be fine. Of the wide flat brushes, one of them will be dedicated for glue and won't be usable for paint afterward)
- White posca pen, x-fine tip
- Acrylic paint: white, 4-6 of your favorite colors in any brand. (Since this is an experimental workshop, you don't need expensive paint. Here's a link to inexpensive sets from Dickblick. Jerry's Artarama also has inexpensive starter sets. Craft stores like JoAnn & Michaels also have paint. Go with your gut & pick your favorite colors but don't forget white!)
- Art journal. Find something that has heavier paper that won't buckle under layers of water and paint. Watercolor paper will also work. I will be using this art journal from Strathmore.
- Masking or washi tape (optional)